- Excellent adjustment skills with a variety of techniques.
- Educate patients on the quality life benefits of chiropractic care.
- Ability to perform manual adjustments to the spine or other articulations of the body to correct the musculoskeletal system.
- Ability to perform patient consultations to determine plan of care based on patient needs.
- Ability to review and incorporate patient medical histories while examining patients, and analyze x-rays to locate patient difficulties and pain.
- Excellent doctor-patient relationships and communication with other staff.
- Maintaining accurate and timely patient records.
For more information, please email our Patient Advocate & Marketing Assistant, Kayla Sheffield at [email protected].